We could really only tell time by the shift change of the guards. At some point the next day we were each given a moldy bread cheese sandwich. At the end of day two the water to the cells was shut off because the plumbing couldn’t handle the stress of that many bodies needing to flush, so with it the drinking water went as well.
At several points corrections officers came into our cell, “hogtied” us, which means zip tie handcuffing right wrist to left ankle and vice versa, and then slapped or beat our boisterous cellmate, who as a union organizer had a flair for being loud and abrasive. Many incidents that took place in that jail I would have only believed happened in Turkish prison movies, but this was in this century in America, in a major city.
- RT @CarriePotter_: fyre festival is the performance art of late capitalism 13 hours ago
- @rinpark i saw you on the beer barge,I think I was talking to someone else i haven't seen in a while,was gonna say hi but didnt get a chance 2 days ago
- The truth will get you shunned but more often it'll get you friends. Wonderful attractive no-bullshit friends 2 days ago
- Alcohol has always been a positive force in my life. My liver will die in 10 years I think if I don't break up with it 2 days ago
- @pattonoswalt this shows up in my notifications every 3 weeks for 3 years now. Get some new material oswalt it was… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- And now……. the flying Fonzarellis! April 15, 2017
- I’m tired of having opinions April 5, 2017
- ZEKE!!!!!! March 20, 2017
- News Anal. for Mon. 3/20/17 March 20, 2017
- The Ice Caps Are Rapidly Melting. In the Coming Decades We Will Plunge into Global Catastrophe… Here’s a Post About How Hubby Won’t Pick Up After Himself March 14, 2017