We could really only tell time by the shift change of the guards. At some point the next day we were each given a moldy bread cheese sandwich. At the end of day two the water to the cells was shut off because the plumbing couldn’t handle the stress of that many bodies needing to flush, so with it the drinking water went as well.
At several points corrections officers came into our cell, “hogtied” us, which means zip tie handcuffing right wrist to left ankle and vice versa, and then slapped or beat our boisterous cellmate, who as a union organizer had a flair for being loud and abrasive. Many incidents that took place in that jail I would have only believed happened in Turkish prison movies, but this was in this century in America, in a major city.
- The Cramps Live at Napa State Mental Hospital 1978: The Greatest Live Rock n Roll Show Every to be Captured on Video January 22, 2018
- (no title) January 17, 2018
- Greatest Album of All Time December 27, 2017
- Why are you such a garbage dump? November 20, 2017
- (no title) November 20, 2017
- Follow SLOOVER.COM on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets