We could really only tell time by the shift change of the guards. At some point the next day we were each given a moldy bread cheese sandwich. At the end of day two the water to the cells was shut off because the plumbing couldn’t handle the stress of that many bodies needing to flush, so with it the drinking water went as well.
At several points corrections officers came into our cell, “hogtied” us, which means zip tie handcuffing right wrist to left ankle and vice versa, and then slapped or beat our boisterous cellmate, who as a union organizer had a flair for being loud and abrasive. Many incidents that took place in that jail I would have only believed happened in Turkish prison movies, but this was in this century in America, in a major city.
- This May Be Controversial, but I Don’t Care for Nazis August 16, 2017
- why should i be frightened of dying August 16, 2017
- When the Irish Government Failed to Remove a Statue Symbolizing British Imperialism in Dublin, an IRA Splinter Group Blew it the Fuck Up August 15, 2017
- Al Gore and his Corporate Dem Followers Insist the Free Market will Solve the Climate Crisis August 15, 2017
- Nardwuar is state of the art popular music journalism, Snoop is our Buddha August 9, 2017
- Follow SLOOVER.COM on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets