There goes my day. I am bummed. Hit songwriter, arranger, bandleader, incredible musician and performer, bad ass guitarist, weirdo, he fought the industry, he could ball, and all his songs were about sex. I admire a lot of people in music that are just one of those things, Prince was the total package. And he also brought people together. I was just in line at the grocery store as a homeless white guy in his 50s told me and two old black ladies and we all looked each other in the eye like one of our old mutual friends just died. It’s too much ain’t it? Not only all the great losses but the feeling that nothing even 10% as good is ever going to replace them. And I’ll never forget the final song of the first Beer Barge being Purple Rain and how it was like the end of a great movie we were all in.
Sloover’s Weekly-at-Most Email Newsletter
email@example.com sign up for my newsletter – funny anecdotes about my weird life
- Letter from my Granddad to his oldest son, Uncle Johnny, about his experience in World War II May 30, 2019
- Chomsky vs. Pearle 1988 April 5, 2019
- This is how people should be February 10, 2019
- The Fall January 11, 2019
- I’ll fight David Simon, you picked the wrong one December 25, 2018