There goes my day. I am bummed. Hit songwriter, arranger, bandleader, incredible musician and performer, bad ass guitarist, weirdo, he fought the industry, he could ball, and all his songs were about sex. I admire a lot of people in music that are just one of those things, Prince was the total package. And he also brought people together. I was just in line at the grocery store as a homeless white guy in his 50s told me and two old black ladies and we all looked each other in the eye like one of our old mutual friends just died. It’s too much ain’t it? Not only all the great losses but the feeling that nothing even 10% as good is ever going to replace them. And I’ll never forget the final song of the first Beer Barge being Purple Rain and how it was like the end of a great movie we were all in.
- (no title) January 17, 2018
- Greatest Album of All Time December 27, 2017
- Why are you such a garbage dump? November 20, 2017
- (no title) November 20, 2017
- Endorsements for Today’s Election in Tulsa Nov 14 2017 November 14, 2017
- Follow SLOOVER.COM on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets