There goes my day. I am bummed. Hit songwriter, arranger, bandleader, incredible musician and performer, bad ass guitarist, weirdo, he fought the industry, he could ball, and all his songs were about sex. I admire a lot of people in music that are just one of those things, Prince was the total package. And he also brought people together. I was just in line at the grocery store as a homeless white guy in his 50s told me and two old black ladies and we all looked each other in the eye like one of our old mutual friends just died. It’s too much ain’t it? Not only all the great losses but the feeling that nothing even 10% as good is ever going to replace them. And I’ll never forget the final song of the first Beer Barge being Purple Rain and how it was like the end of a great movie we were all in.
- This May Be Controversial, but I Don’t Care for Nazis August 16, 2017
- why should i be frightened of dying August 16, 2017
- When the Irish Government Failed to Remove a Statue Symbolizing British Imperialism in Dublin, an IRA Splinter Group Blew it the Fuck Up August 15, 2017
- Al Gore and his Corporate Dem Followers Insist the Free Market will Solve the Climate Crisis August 15, 2017
- Nardwuar is state of the art popular music journalism, Snoop is our Buddha August 9, 2017
- Follow SLOOVER.COM on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets